So after seeing Episode III the other night, and after watching the previews for all the other movies coming out, I’ve decided that it’s gonna be a pretty good year for movies. Great year, actually. I’ll give you reasons why:
* Star Wars – Duh.
* Batman Begins – Besides the original w/ Keaton, all the Batman movies have sucked. This one looks very promising, without all the bright colours & scores of big names poorly portraying villains.
* Narnia – This is the one I’m most looking forward to, even over Ep 3. It looks like they’ve done a fantastic job. We saw the trailer b/f Ep. 3 the other night & Aslan on the big screen is too much for words. I had goose bumps. See the trailer here. I’d suggest right-clicking the Quicktime XL version.
* Fantastic Four – About time they got around to making a FF movie. Casting seems fine, technology looks good. Dr. Doom is in the hizzy. If the writing’s there, this should be money.
* War of the Worlds – Yes, it’s sad that many who see this will think it’s a newly written story, but regardless… I’m looking forward to this, but I’m much more skeptical than I am w/ the others I’ve named so far. We’ll see how they did…
* Charlie & the Chocolate Factory – Ignoring the somewhat Marilyn Manson-esque look Willie has at times here, w/ Tim Burton behind it I imagine it’s gonna be pretty decent.
Among these I’d also like to see Madagascar and Unleashed. I’m sure there are more good ones from this year, but these are the ones that come to mind.